If you have problems playing the video above, you can download the file here.
Tools used: Autodesk Maya, Side Effects Houdini, Mental Ray, Pixar Renderman, The Foundry Nuke, Apple Shake, Matchmover, PFTrack, Luxology Modo, Headus UV Layout, Adobe Suite (After Effects, Photoshop)
All work showcased in this demo reel (particles effects, dynamics, matchmoving, matte painting, compositing, modeling, (match)lighting, texturing, paint/roto) were done by Sateesh Malla, unless otherwise specified.
- Wall Blast: (April 2010) Thesis project; I worked on the wall blasting portion. The beginning part was done by a friend with whom I collaborated with. The rigid body simulation was done using shatter and particle instancing scripts in maya. I wrote expressions to control the dynamics of the debris.
- Particle Ink: (April 2010) Thesis project; These are particles emitted from a texture and then pushed up by a 3d Fluid simulation in Maya.
- Donut: (October 2009) Individual project; I used vopsops and chops in houdini to create this bouncy effect on the donut shape.
- Fluid Fire: (December 2009) Individual project; fluid simulation was done using maya 3d fluids.
- VTOL: (January 2010) Thesis project; Modeled, and lit aircraft in Maya; Textures, shaders, final render with Renderman; I created the matte painting and composited in Nuke. The cg plants are paint effects in Maya.
- Bee Swarm: (March (2008) Individual project; Bee model, procedural texture, lighting, and particle instancing done in Houdini; Composited in After Effects.
- Missile Launch: (April 2008) Individual project; Model and Procedural smoke trail created in Houdini; Post-camera shake and final compositing done in Shake.
- House: (May 2009) Individual project; Modeled in Maya; I cracked the walls manually and create instanced particles for the debris. Some parts are rbd. Composited in Nuke.
- Water Fountain: (May 2008) Individual project; Particle Fluid simulation created in Houdini; Composited in After Effects.
- Fluid Smoke: (December 2009) Individual project; fluid simulation was done using maya 3d fluids.
- 3D Text: (April 2010) Thesis project; Created in Maya – I shattered 3d text, and wrote a python script to create the animation.
- Aging Fruit: (September 2009) Individual project; Procedural shading and displacement using Renderman.
- UFO Project: (December 2008) Individual project; I filmed the shot and matchmoved it using PFTrack; I created the 3D models, matchlit, textured, and animated everything in Maya; Painting, color corrections, and final composite done using Shake.
- Genie: (April 2008) Individual project; Motion graphics piece showcasing use of pic function and copy stamping in Houdini.